Thursday, August 2, 2007

IVideo My Life Podcast 24/7

Did you hear about the latest video frenzy to hit the net. The debut of the TV show "IVideo" and the constant uploads to YouTube.com have a new star in focus, this star is you. Imagine your life being broadcast live 24/7 on the Internet for your friends, boss, family and for the world to view. It is simple all you need is a lap top, a USB or blue tooth enable camera mounted to a ball cap and a Internet connection. Can you imaging everyone seeing you at your best and your worst. Your boss can keep tabs and monitor your productivity, your friends and family can see your private life, your church....wait a second that is an invasion of privacy. Americans fight for privacy, it is our right. We want the freedom to do what we want, when we want and how we want - but would this be the case if someone was always watching.

Growing up in religious schools and attending Sunday school it was often said that God sees everything we do. It is a difficult concept to grasp. I know when my wife or neighbor is watching me or even those people watchers at the mall, I am on my best behavior. I know they are there, I can see them, they are right there in the flesh. God is God; He is everywhere, He knows all and sees all even when we cannot see Him. I often imagine standing before a large screen in the presence of God in judgement of all that I have done. All of my life recorded for His viewing. A few people define character as: "Actions that are completed when no one is watching you", when you are not preforming and no one present. God is always present. Do live my life as God is watching my life 24/7.

No comments: